Saturday, November 28, 2009

Serenity Saturday


Hello my sensuous kittens,
I woke up a little tense this morning and thought to myself, "OMG, it's going to be one of those days".  But then I had to just stop for a moment and think to myself, "I am not going to allow myself to feel this way or have a bad day".  Therefore, I started to focus on my breathing.  This simple meditation technique actually helped me so I decided to share it with you.
Set aside five minutes (if you have more time that's great), sit on a comfortable chair or bed- do not lay down, this is like the kiss of death- you might just fall to sleep.  Once seated comfortably keep your spine straight, place your hands on your thighs, and close your eyes.  Now breathe slowly and deeply, inhale and exhale five counts each through your nose.  Repeat and continue for five minutes.  Your sitting posture and breathing increases the supply of oxygen to your lungs and therefore stimulates the heart.  This meditative technique will put you in a relaxed state, and when you're relaxed it is easier to deal with daily stressors.
After my five minute relaxation session, I thought of things I should be grateful for and gave thanks for my blessings.  If you have a healthy family, give thanks, if you have just been able to pay the last note on your car, give thanks, regardless of what it is, be thankful.  When you accept these blessings, it leaves little room for negativity.

Cami (=^_^=)

No comments:

Post a Comment