Thursday, November 26, 2009

Maybelline Great Lash and Cover Girl Lash Blast: Review and Comparison

Hey my Sexy Bitches,


The time has come for me to do a review and comparison on two fabulous mascaras. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find my mother's digital camera and since I don't have my own I was not able to take any pics to demonstrate. I guess I'll put a dig. camera on my wish list for X-mas. And as soon as I can I will update this blog with pics when I get my hands on a camera.

Let's get started, in the past I used Maybelline Great Lash mascara religiously, until for some reason they changed the brush. It appeared a slight bit smaller. I have very, very long lashes (you will see when I upload some pics) hence using this waayyy too small brush was too hard to use. I would recommend a small brush like this to someone with sparse or short lashes. Therefore, soon enough I started wearing different mascaras. And that's when I came across Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara.

Lash Blast is an AMAZING mascara that definitely builds up your lashes and gives lots of volume- not for the faint of heart. It comes with this large brush that grabs my lashes and the formula does wonders for them- creates fullness. I wouldn't suggest this mascara for someone with sparse or limited lashes because the brush is too big to grab them. My mother, who has short lashes, tried it and she was not happy with this mascara- so be warned. The price range is from $6.00 - $8.00, which is pretty reasonable.

Back to the Maybelline Great Lash mascara- they recently came out with a Great Lash Big, which has a BIG brush like Lash Blast. I was sooo happy when I saw this in the store that I immediately bought it. Mind you, I did not stop wearing this mascara because it didn't do the job, I stopped using it because of the size of the brush, but now the size of the brush is not an issue. First of all, the formula to this mascara is phenomenal, it conditions the lashes and doesn't leave them brittle or dry. No Clumping is a plus. And the price is excellent, $5.00 to $6.00.

Time To Compare:
1. The price range is different but just slightly.
2. May. Great Lash is a little more conditioning than the C.V. Lash Blast.---May. Great Lash has a buildable formula and C.V. Lash Blast has a thicker formula. One coat of the Lash Blast will suffice.
3. May. Great Lash gives me extra length, where as C.V. Lash Blast gives me fullness and volume.

Which one would I choose? I can't choose one over the other, I truly love them both. I will keep both of these in my makeup kit depending on what effect I am looking for.

Ladies, definitely give these two mascaras a shot and get back to me on that.

*Don't forget to subscribe and comment*

No comments:

Post a Comment