Sunday, April 3, 2011

Beautiful Nails Without A Salon

If you're anything like me, I hate going to a salon and getting my nails done. The reason being I just don't have enough hours in my day to sit there in the uncomfortable chairs while smelling the fumes that come out of those tiny nail polish bottles or acetone wafting in the air into my sensitive nostrils.  Let's not forget they sometimes use the same products or items on everyone that frequents the salon (eeeewwww gross!)  I can go on forever about why I don't like getting my nails done.  However, I have a way of having my nails look like I just stepped out of the salon without actually having stepped in one and without having the commitment of having an inch of acrylic attached to my nail to create long nails.

One day I was going to a party and my nails were looking quite shabby; being that I had no time to get them done I applied some "press on nails".  Yeah that's right PRESS ON NAILS!  No one was the wiser and yet my nails and hands looked fabulous.  And yet I didn't have to commit to having them or getting refills to keep them long.  They generally last about a week which is fabulous for someone like myself who hates dealing with maintenance.  Who would've thunk it? 

Here are a few steps in applying temporary false nails:
First I like to soak my hands in warm water and then I buff my natural nail (*optional I push back my cuticles).  Afterwards I set up my tools on a flat surface (e.g. the glue and nails)
I used Fingr's Natural Fit and Kiss Everlasting glue
Next I select a nail that matches my natural nail size and lay them in the right order to make it easier.

Once I have all the correct nail sizes, I apply a drop of glue onto my natural nail, I then press the artificial nail onto my nail bed. Hold gently for a couple of seconds until glue dries.  The end result salon beautiful nails.

After


Before

No comments:

Post a Comment